Wednesday, March 16, 2011

... if you had a sinus infection

I called my mom the other night because a sinus infection had me feeling yucky.  It was dinner time and I was hungry, but after a full day at work, I didnt want to move anymore, let alone try to make something to eat.  So one of the last vestiges of my childhood decided to rear its head.  I called my mom and when she answered, I immediately greeted her with "What's for dinner?  I'm sick. Can you make me something?"  


I am a grown up, but sometimes you just have to call your mom and act like a 5 year old.  However the thing that makes this situation really crazy, is that my mom happens to live 932.7 miles* away from me.  She humored me though and said that she was sorry I was sick and told me all the things she would make me for dinner if she really was in the same house as I was.


The next day I got the following email, which is the inspiration (and starting point) of this blog:
"You prodded me into the kitchen last night.  I made Eggs Florentine for my dinner.  Creamed spinach my way:  sautéed baby spinach lightly, added whipping cream and let it reduce a couple of minutes and seasoned with s&p and nutmeg.  Piled it on a toasted whole grain English muffin and topped with poached eggs (perfectly cooked, I might add).  Dee-licious!  I put the creamy-eggy plate down for a certain furry friend of yours and she licked it so clean I didn’t have to put it through the dishwasher (but I did anyway)."


So that is really and truly what my mom would have made you... if you had a sinus infection.


*as calculated by the Mileage Calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment